Summer. Goals. DO BOTH.
Summer is an exceptional time of year- with backyard BBQs, long nights with friends, and ample beach time it’s the all-round perfect season! But all the ‘fun in the sun’ can mean that your routine and wellness goals take a backseat. Give your wellness goals equal importance this summer by hopping on board with these 8 healthy habits over 8 weeks.
Our 8-week challenge embraces a three-pillar matrix designed to improve your mental health, nutrition and hormones for a balanced approach to well-being!
Join our Facebook Community to share your story, update others on your progress and support other participants to keep doing their best this summer!
8 habits over 8 weeks
Focus on each habit for one week at a time. By the end of the 8 weeks, all 8 habits will be in your wellness routine, leaving you feeling and looking great!
HABIT 1: PROTEIN FOR BREAKFAST
Protein revs the metabolism and kickstarts your organ systems while also feeding your thyroid.
- Try incorporating whey protein into your breakfast as opposed to eggs. Whey protein is highly bioavailable, concentrated, convenient and delicious.
- PROTEINsmart contains whey protein along with an anti-aging fat called CLA. CLA supports fat loss and lean muscle growth.
- BEAUTYsmart is a great option for those looking for a boost in collagen in addition to whey protein. Collagen is great for muscles, tendons, joints and skin.
- For those looking to benefit from whey protein, CLA AND collagen- switch between BEAUTYsmart and PROTEINsmart every other day!
HABIT 2: DRINK MORE WATER
60% of your body is made of water...and no, that doesn't include coffee, juice or pop!
- None of your organs can function without water including your kidney, brain, heart, muscles and more.
- Sweating depletes water so staying hydrated is especially important in the summer.
- SHAPEsmart is a deliciously flavoured (lemon iced tea) option to hydrate conveniently.
- Not only does SHAPEsmart make drinking water easy, but it also benefits your body. Chlorogenic acid has been studied for its powerful anti-aging properties as well as it's ability to kickstart your body's fat burning process.
HABIT 3: CUT BACK ON YOUR SUGAR INTAKE + MANAGE YOUR GLUCOSE AND INSULIN RESPONSE
Unbalanced glucose and insulin can cause your body to store fat. It's important to manage the two as it can affect other systems like the brain, cardiovascular system, and skin.
- Insulin levels go up with stress, overeating, alcohol and sugar consumption. For this reason, it's important to cut back on sugar consumption at the same time as balancing insulin.
- If you have belly fat and are over 45 years old, start by regulating your insulin with GLUCOsmart.
- Even if you're not over 45, and don't have extra belly fat, cutting back on processed sugar promotes overall wellness.
- Read labels and watch out for the 'Summer Sneakies' like BBQ sauce, ketchup, wine and many more.
HABIT 4: PRIORITIZE MENTAIL HEALTH AND ENERGIZE YOUR BRAIN
Energize your cells with CoQ10 and Carnitine (found in CALA-Q Plus)
- These natural ingredients help you feel energized without relying on caffeine. Coenzyme Q10 is found in almost every cell in the body and is often called the "Spark of Life" because it provides powerful energy.
- This not only promotes good mental health but also boosts your energy so you can get out and do things to further improve mood and wellness.
- Cultivate a daily meditation practice starting with just 3 minutes a day!
HABIT 5: EXERCISE ANYWHERE
With the beautiful summertime weather, there are endless opportunities to exercise.
- Conduct 'walking meetings' by walking outside while discussing the day ahead.
- Throw in a wall-sit at lunch to activate your leg muscles.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator!
TAKING THE KIDS TO THE PARK?
- Join in on the fun! Play soccer, skipping rope, or even tossing a ball around can be a great way to combine family time and exercise.
HABIT 6: GET OUTSIDE EVERYDAY
Spending time outdoors is calming, grounding and a key factor in improving mood.
- Fresh air contains oxygen that will make you feel awake, alert and ready to take on the day.
- Negative ions, which are released by water and plants, help improve health. Positive ions, created by electronics, air-conditioners, pollution, cigarette smoke, closed air in houses or office buildings can be harmful to health.
- Exposing yourself to the sun for 30mins a day is essential for getting vitamin D. Vitamin D is especially important for Canadians since much of our population is deficient.
HABIT 7: PRACTICE GOOD SLEEP HYGIENE
Adopt routines that help you have a deep and restful sleep.
- Do not use electronics around bedtime to avoid exposure to intense blue light.
- Go to bed at the same time every night. A regular sleep schedule can work wonders for your energy levels!
- You need deep sleep to create seotonin and GABA which help curb cravings.
- 7-9 hours of sleep per day!
HABIT 8: REPLENISH YOUR MINERALS
Just like vitamins, minerals help your body stay healthy. Your body uses minerals to perform many different functions from building strong bones to transmitting nerve impulses.
- You lose it when you sweat, making it even more important to supplement through the hot months. Magnesium also helps with insulin regulation, sleep, mental health, muscles and more!
- Symptoms of low iron don't show up as easily in the summer. Why? Because we are tanned (masking dark circles and pale skin). We also often have our hair up and under hats (hiding hair loss).