Women's Whey with ACTIVE COLLAGENWhat to expect from this product:
- Reduces the number of deep wrinkles in 28 days
- Reduces the depth of deep wrinkles
- Enhances collagen and elastin
- Increases skin moisture
- Contains hormone and gluten-free whey protein isolate
Over one-quarter of all the protein in the body is made up of collagen. Collagen is the protein that makes your bones, nails, teeth and hair strong. Collagen is also the main structural component of skin. Starting in our early 20s, however, collagen production declines by about one percent a year. Women in menopause are especially susceptible to collagen decline. Women lose as much as 30 percent of their skin collagen in the five years following menopause. And as if that is not bad enough, skin elasticity declines 0.55 percent per year after menopause. The effects of slowed collagen production are visibly obvious when skin loses its structure, sags and wrinkles.
A second yet equally important component of skin is called elastin. Elastin fibers form a matrix with collagen; together they allow the skin to flex and move. When we are young, the skin naturally renews its collagen and elastin. But with age, and as exposure to sun and environmental toxins damages the skin, this renewal rate slows down. Fortunately, it is possible to support collagen and elastic production.
Sourced from European waters to meet the highest standards of purity, ACTIVE COLLAGEN is a marine ingredient composed of collagen and elastin polypeptides present in the same ratio that is naturally found in skin. ACTIVE COLLAGEN has a synergistic anti-wrinkle action: when taken orally, collagen and elastin stimulate the skin to lift and tone sagging areas and minimize lines and wrinkles.
ACTIVE COLLAGEN can also increase the moisture level of dry skin and fight aging related to free radical damage. ACTIVE COLLAGEN polypeptides have a low molecular weight, making it water-soluble and easily absorbed by the body.
In a study of 43 women between the ages of 40 and 55 with crow's feet wrinkles, consumption of ACTIVE COLLAGEN was found to decrease lines and wrinkles as well as to increase skin moisture. Two grams per day of either ACTIVE COLLAGEN or placebo were ingested with a glass of water for 84 days. Subjects' forearm and face skin conditions were measured at day 0, day 28 and day 84. Day 28 through 84 were during winter months to simulate harsh winter conditions.
After 28 days, ACTIVE COLLAGEN caused a significant decrease of 19 percent in the number of deep wrinkles in 71 percent of the subjects. Maximum benefit was achieved quickly. The placebo group, however, experienced an increase in the number of deep wrinkles at both day 28 and day 84. Finally, ACTIVE COLLAGEN caused a moisturizing effect on the skin. No side effects were reported. In conclusion, ACTIVE COLLAGEN improved skin moisture and decreased the number of deep wrinkles. ACTIVE COLLAGEN provided a protective effect against wrinkles compared to the placebo group.
PROTEIN POWER PROTECTION
Our body requires protein to rebuild, repair and regenerate the body’s tissues. Of the 20 amino acids necessary to support protein production, 12 are made by the liver and the remaining eight must be obtained from our food and that’s why they are called essential amino acids. The richest source of these amino acids is whey protein. Many health conditions are related to inadequate protein consumption in the diet especially:
- Fragile, soft nails
- Thinning hair
- Wrinkled skin
- A weak immune system
- Lack of muscle tone i.e., sagging chin
Protein should make up 30 percent of your diet. Women rarely get enough protein in their diet due to their food choices or calorie restrictive diets.
HORMONE-FREE WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE
Whey protein contains alpha-lactalbumin, glycomacropeptides, lactoferrin, tryptophan and glutathione precursors. Each component in whey protein has a unique action and when combined have powerful healing capabilities.
Ingredients in whey protein include:
- Alpha-lactalbumin enhances immune function and reduces the stress hormone cortisol.
- Tryptophan is used by the brain to manufacture serotonin an important neurotransmitter that reduces depression, anxiety, moodiness and insomnia.
- Glutathione is the most powerful detoxifier in the body. Glutathione keeps our immune system strong helping to prevent viral infections and protects us against free radicals.
- Glycomacropeptides stimulate the hormone cholecystokinin (CCK) responsible for the release of enzymes from the pancreas, and the contraction of the gallbladder and the bowels. CCK is responsible for telling us we are satisfied and no longer require more food which helps to control appetite.
- Lactoferrin, an antioxidant, is a powerful antiviral and antibacterial agent shown to inhibit the growth of E.coli, salmonella and candida in the gut. It also helps to ensure the optimal use of iron in the body by binding to iron and preventing oxidation.
Suggested use: Add 1 scoop (32g) to 250ml of water, yogurt, or blend into a smoothie to taste.